We spent most of Penelope's birthday at the Tennessee State Fair before coming home to eat the amazing Shopkins cake Michelle made.
I'm going to guess most of our readers here are already aware, but just in case you've missed it, Penelope and Dan have a podcast now. You can listen to all the episodes at MicrophoneTalking.com or you can subscribe through iTunes or your favorite podcast player.
As we celebrate the Christmas season, several of you have asked what kind of gifts Penelope would enjoy. Toys are fun, but education lasts a lifetime, so if you're interested in making a contribution to Penelope's 529 Education Savings account, we can send you an email invitation. If you're interested, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Merry Christmas!
For those of you getting email updates, I'm sure you're wondering if the site's broken. I assure you it isn't. I just got super-productive with some long overdue video editing over the weekend. While Penelope took a nap on Saturday morning, I cranked through a bunch of video thanks to the easy-to-use new version of iMovie for iPad. If you want to see all the video posts in one place, you can select "Videos" from the category list on the right, or you can just click this handy link.
These 6 months have gone by so quickly and soon we will be celebrating her first birthday. I guess it’s time to start planning instead of just getting ideas for the big day! At 6 months old she:
- has started eating vegetables. Her first vegetable was broccoli and even though she didn’t care for the smell, she did very well with eating it. The other two vegetables she had this month were green peas and zucchini, with zucchini being a favorite.
- battled another sickness that she caught at daycare as we were about to start another round of vegetables, so we decided to concentrate on just liquids until she started feeling better.
- does an amazing job at rolling from her back to her side and stopping, so any day now she will be rolling all the way over.
- still is an amazing sleeper and sleeps through the night unless she is sick and coughing through the night.
- is starting to interact much more with her toys on the exersaucer and the toy bar that we attach to her rock ‘n play.
- has started to lean forward in an attempt to sit up on her own while in her car seat and in the swing, so it seems like she will be sitting up all on her own before we know it.
- is chewing on her thumb and hand, so along with all the drool, we believe she is teething.
- loves to laugh and giggle and tries to talk as she’s chewing on her thumb and hand!
- is still wearing sizes 3-6 months with a few things being snug, so her closet will soon have her 6-9 months clothes which are all spring and summery.
- is 19 lbs, 13 ounces and 28.5 inches long
Here is how much our little girl has grown over the last 6 months:
Glad you made it! We won't be making any new posts on the old Posterous site, so this is the new place to be for all things Penelope related. If you want to subscribe to email updates, be sure to submit your email address using the box over there on the right. You'll get an email asking to confirm your subscription and once you follow its instructions, you'll be all set!
Thanks for following us to the new site!